Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 edit on 5.3 sierra

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 edit on 5.3 sierra

Hey guys I got a 2001 sierra 1500 5.3l with jba headers, custom h pipe with cats, gibson side cat back , fully biult tranny and rear from LEVEL 10 with posi rear and a 2900 stall converter, A.R.E stage 1 heads, and a magnuson blower. Still running throw the stock filter. I have a superchips tuner in their now and i was told its garbage and ls1 edit would make a difference in the truck.
So will LS1 edit be better than superchips and who can do it Catek wants 750 and vette dr's wants 300 but is their anyone around here that can do it.
Nick
Thanks for ur time and help.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 178 Likes on 137 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by GhostC5
Hey guys I got a 2001 sierra 1500 5.3l with jba headers, custom h pipe with cats, gibson side cat back , fully biult tranny and rear from LEVEL 10 with posi rear and a 2900 stall converter, A.R.E stage 1 heads, and a magnuson blower. Still running throw the stock filter. I have a superchips tuner in their now and i was told its garbage and ls1 edit would make a difference in the truck.
So will LS1 edit be better than superchips and who can do it Catek wants 750 and vette dr's wants 300 but is their anyone around here that can do it.
Nick
Thanks for ur time and help.
if you are going to spend $300, you might as well just buy your own tune program. I just bought HP Tuners, but I think LS1 Edit is down to $450.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS1 Edit is great as long as you understand what you are doing. If not, you can destroy your engine in a hurry. The new Crane Cams Powermax Tuner can take care of your truck. It handles several performance cams, free flowing exhausts, supercharger tuning is automatic when it sees positive manifold pressure, it can handle high flow injectors up to 120% larger than stock and much more. Plus you can't make a mistake. Contact Joe Vinci at Vinci High Performance in Orlando. They are sponsors of this site. I drove a 2002 5.3 Tahoe there with a Magnusun, cam, headers, cat back, etc. Drove like a dream, sounded great, and you would have sworn it had a well built 502 under the hood. The thing screamed. They couldn't dyno it because it was AWD. Try it, you'll like it!

Quick Reply: ls1 edit on 5.3 sierra