Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buy new sensors???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default buy new sensors???

i posted this about a week ago and didnt get a response,ill try again becuase i would really lilke some input on the sensors and how long theyre good for.
Well instead of rebuilding my shortblock ,i decided to buy a low milage one. 5000 miles out of a 02 Ta to be exact.. i decided to go ahead and freshen up the heads while they were out (72000 miles on them) i also bought a hotcam kit for super cheap to go along with it..here is my list of parts i think i need ...
1. new front and rear seals for the f+r covers.
2. new tq verter bolts.
3. set of head gaskets
4. valve guide seals
5. new retainers
6. new oil pump o ring (getting the 5000 mile pump with motor)
7. new crank pulley bolt
8. oil psi switch (broke mine)
9. knock sensors and harness
10. x mission line "e"clips (lost them in motor de-intall)
i will be reusing the oil pan,f+r cover,valley pan gaskets,they look excellent.i have arp head bolts installed on the motor already. will use the timing chain also. my question is should i replace the cam sensor,map sensor etc..? i know these are probably super expensive parts but i would rather do it now then later when i would have a bitch of a time getting to them..they were giving me NO problems before i spun the bearing in the old motor..what do you think? also the knock sensors.. one looks new and the other one is corroded a little..just go ahead and buy new ones? any parts i might have forgot before i call scdp? possibly going to go with a ls6 intake cant decide if i want to spend the $ or not..
Also,PLEASE dont turn this into a "i hate hotcam" thread..i have read post after post about it and it is what i decided to go with..any input and thanks in advance ..
sorry so long
matt