Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASAP!!!HS rockers and G5X3 cam

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASAP!!!HS rockers and G5X3 cam

My HS rockers are hitting a bit on the upstroke cause of the lift of the cam and the 98 year model of my heads, Does anybody know if I am gonna have a super big issue with the Valve covers, I know they require grinding but cause of the lift of this cam will it be too much??? The tech is grinding the back of the rockers right now to get them to clear the head part, but I am wondering if he is gonna have a problem with the Valve covers, I might just have to go back to the Stockers
Old 07-28-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I read that the covers should be fine, it's just the head that hits with those rockers right? You will be JUST fine with the stock rockers if you have to go back to them, I use them with my X3 and they are fine, I have 85k miles on mine too, so no worries dude!
Old 07-28-2004, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

The lift should have nothing to do with the rockers hitting the covers. Where they hit is at the tips when the valve is closed. As long as your valves are standard length and you have enough spring pressure not to have any float you will be OK.

Nate
Old 07-28-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

my harland sharps are real close to the head like .0013 with a feeler gauge but they do not hit. but on my drivers side valve cover 1 of my rockers did hit the inside of the valve cover {2002 style} so i ground down part of the valve cover and all is good. BTW i do not think i would grind anything off the rocker arm Itself
Old 07-29-2004, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

with one small shim put in under my rockers (due to the angle from the valves sitting lower from port work) my rockers were hitting the valve covers lightly. i took out the shims and everything was good. usually people dont shim the ls1 (at least that is what im told) so as long as you dont you should be fine.