Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you guys help me pass tech for 11's???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you guys help me pass tech for 11's???

OK, Already have helmet and d/s loop, and I know I need the following:

5 pt rollcage, swingout bar OK, but removable crossbar not OK (although I may do one anyway and hide it with lots of padding and hope I pass).

Items in question

Bellhousing/scattershield which is required by NHRA for 11 second cars is impossible since no one makes an aftermarket bellhousing for the T-56, correct??

I've also heard you need a firejacket?

Does the rollcage come with the required shoulder harnesses that hook up to the hoop?? Or is that something that people don't use/check for?? I was told I needed shoulder harnesses for 11's as well.

I was also told I need to have the kicker bars that attach from the main hoop to the subframes, and everything else can be mounted on 6x6 plates??

I would like to not have to remove any speakers to pull this process off, and also need to have the back seat useable for little ones.

Is all this possible or am I asking too much??
Old 10-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Can you guys help me pass tech for 11's???

Please do not put little ones in the back seat.
The crossbar is not a good thing when it comes in contact with the head.

Firejacket is needed.

As for the 5-point restraints, just depends on what type you get as for what type of hookups you need. Mine just wraps around the bar and secured that way.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Can you guys help me pass tech for 11's???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ken95Z28:
<strong>Please do not put little ones in the back seat.
The crossbar is not a good thing when it comes in contact with the head.

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking about using a removable crossbar and using lots of padding to hide it so it'll be safe for the kid. The tracks here won't really check to make sure its legal or not.

Also, the little one would be in a car seat, and the bars would be padded, so hopefully unless the car got accordianed, she'd be OK.