Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FANTASY POST: How quick can you really go on bolt-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FANTASY POST: How quick can you really go on bolt-ons?

RUQUICKR has been an 11.27 with stock internals.
It will come down to raceweight. Check this out
https://ls1tech.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...c;f=5;t=002769
Old 10-23-2002, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I was checking out a link on a different thread about some exhaust company that disapeared for fbodies or something and I came across their new drag car.

A special composite - not just carbon fiber, but some kind of honeycomb structure developed by the people that used to work in the Skunkworks.

The car they chose - a Mercedes SL - WTF??? Who makes a pro stock or whatever drag car out of an SL?
Old 10-23-2002, 09:49 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure that special composite isn't cheap, and the people who can afford to modify their Benz by the likes of AMG, Brabus, etc.. are probably the few that can afford to do a project like that.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

Default FANTASY POST: How quick can you really go on bolt-ons?

Okay, if someone decided to get a stripper Formula and turn it into a drag-only car, how quick could they go with the only mods being: skinnies & slicks on 15"s, and weight reduction? Having absolutely NOTHING on the car that isn't necessary. Even going so far as to remove all the old bolts the used to hold stuff down and filling in the holes with something. Carbon fiber body panels, Lexan, pin-on hood and latch, etc.. I think that it would be very interesting to see someone who had more money than they could ever spend do this. I realize that this isn't practical at all, so no one post about how stupid this would be because no one would ever do it, this is just a thought that I've had. Honestly, if I had the money, I would do it. Just because I'm curious.