Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Possible tranny damage after axle install???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:47 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible tranny damage after axle install???

So, I got my car back from the Caddy dealership today and needless to say, I'm not happy with the quality of work. This was the exact reason I took it to a ******* dealership. Should have been on them like a hawk. Lesson learned.

This is what I noticed. The funniest of all fuckups, was that the door used to replace mine came off a FIREBIRD. What was left on the door? Yup, the ******* word firebird. You would think a ******* GM dealership would have caught that, right. Granted, it was a Caddy dealership, but STILL. COME ON! I even talked to the guy who PAINTED the damn thing, and he was all "You know what, I sprayed over the word firebird. So when you bring it back, I'm gonna need to remove the firebird logo, spray the area, then attach the Trans Am logo afterwards." Painter>>>>

Numerous areas of the paint job were dicked up. My WS6 badge needs to be replaced, its missing bits of red. And these places of jacked painting were just in the first 5 minutes of looking at the car! A couple of chipped fiberglass areas were overlooked. I haven't even washed it, which is when I notice most of the things wrong with a car. Like they say, everything comes out in the wash.

Now on to the bad part. I have a new noise coming from the tranny area. I noticed it going up inclines from a stop. I hear a pop-pop-pop. Could they have jacked up something with the tranny by replacing the axle wrong? Would incorrect pinion angle have that effect? Like I said I really hear it up front near the tranny, not the rear where driveshaft/ axle mate. So any ideas? This is truely a problem I didn't have before the accident. I hope no one was joyriding in the car. I forgot to get the mileage down before I dropped it off.

So what gives? Need help, fellas. Please chime in.
This is on a M6 WS6.

Last edited by 02PHOENIX; 08-04-2004 at 11:14 PM.