Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Clean SS wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clean SS wheels?

I have stock 10 spoke SS wheels on my White SS. I usually wash my car once a week but when i do its VERY hard to get my wheels clean. You guys know of anything that will take off brake dust really easy? or know of something to help it from becomeing so stuck on?please give me your thoughts. Thanks
Old 08-05-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Take them off the car and clean them very thoroughly. This may help: Wheel Wash and Brush

Once they are clean, you can use a claybar on them if you want, and then seal them up with a good sealant...Klasse SG, Zaino, Wolfgang, etc. That will make them much easier to clean and keep clean. Repeat this process 2-4 times a year.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean, but like ZaneO said, if you put a good sealant on there (I use Zaino), it makes it so much easier to get it off.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Old Drag Racer

Though this may not have been the best idea, my stock SS rims were so badly stained from brake dust when I bought my car I had few other choices. The front ones were almost completely black. I sprayed some Castrol Super Clean on them one at a time, soaked them really. Five minutes later I put on some rubber latex gloves, got a really aggressive pot scrubber and went to work. It worked. They look like new again. For those not familiar with Castrol super clean, it's just a very aggressive concentrated cleaner. It'll peel the skin off your hands hence the need for gloves when using the product straight.