Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart to change wires after only 3,650 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Smart to change wires after only 3,650 miles?

Hey all,

I just ordered some Kook's LT headers with their Magnaflow catted Y for my 2002 Z28 from Speed Inc last Friday.

So when they do the install, I'm also having them change the plugs to NGK TR-55's (no brainer). But should I have them change the wires while they're at it? The owner of the shop recommended the MSD brand.

Reason why I'm asking is because I've always thought the stock LS1 wires were very good and lasted for a long time. Actually heard some bad things about some of the aftermarket versions others have installed although I could be wrong.

So should I have them changed or just keep what I have? Remember, my car only has 3,650 miles on it and is not a daily driver (so it will never have a lot of miles on it)...

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-08-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not nesscary to change them. Others have change them just for looks.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed mine out for MSD wires at about 30K miles when I put my long tubes in. Now that I did it though, I see I didn't need to. I cleaned up my stockers and put them back in. Anyways, I'd stick with the stockers unless they're coming apart.

If you're really set on changing them out for MSD's though, I'll sell you mine.