Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice On Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice On Cutouts

I was looking at getting some cutouts for the ol' bird and I was checking them out at LS1speed.com
it says "82-02 F-bodies require 1 cutout."

do they mean put 1 cutout right after the Y pipe????
I was kind of looking to give each header its own cutout, so i want one on each side. So i will need to buy 2 of these cutouts then?

Or did they mean 1 cutout as in a Pair.

Also where is the best place to weld these in directly off the header, or after the CATS, If it was before the CAT would that make my SES light come on at all? Is there even room to get to them there, how are yours set up
Old 08-12-2004, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

the 33 dollar ones from ls1speed are flowtech race readies. Thye come one per package cause usually people put the cut otu int he I pipe wher ethe passenge rrear seat is..there is al ittle cubby that almost seems made for a cutout. if you want dual cut outs make sure to purchase two of those.

i think the SES light would depend on if you have rear o2 sensors. get some simms or have them deleted via tune or edit or what not...my guess is it would be smooth sailing for you after that. otherwisep ut them behind the rear 02's if you have those still and you should be fine.

either way, sesl ight or not, you'll enjoy the power incrase.

check out ls1sounds.com they have a pics page with some qtp cut outs. also do a search in this forum, the topic about location has been beaten to death, plenty of information for ya there, just do a search for Cutout pics. that hsould turn you up something you could use!

Best of luck to ya!

Travis
Old 08-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Teching In

alright thats probably where i'll end up putting them.... ummm What size do I need to buy? I have the stock exhaust system and im not quite sure the diameter of the stock exhausts... i have no measuring tools, tape measurers whatsoever.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ws6Transam2002M6
alright thats probably where i'll end up putting them.... ummm What size do I need to buy? I have the stock exhaust system and im not quite sure the diameter of the stock exhausts... i have no measuring tools, tape measurers whatsoever.
stock manifolds to muffler? stock y pipe i believe is 2 1/4 inches. id get 2.5 inch cutouts and have them welded after the cats. its going to be difficult as the stock y pipe is crushed very flat on the drivers side.

Personally if i were you id go witha 3 inch cut out in the I pipe. Its 2.75 inch diameter pipe and the 3 inch should fit relatively well. More than likely with the stock exhaust it should yeild a good amount of power as well.

Either way, best of luck, again try doing a search with "cutouts with stock ypipe" or something like that...

T