Excellent Idea For Sponsers

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 02:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Excellent Idea For Sponsers

Would a shop with the ability to fabricate please design and sell a simple kit to make the stock master cylinder adjustable?

The only two pieces you really need are an adjustable rod & a snap ring to put the cylinder back together. A design similar to McLeods would work excellent you just have to make the ball on the end of the rod smaller to fit the stock plunger socket.

I figure it would cost around $10 to make the parts and you could sell it for around $40, throw in the o-rings to make it rebuildable or a new smaller stop cone and sell it for $50. People would be all over it as opposed to the aggrivation McLoeds POS Master gives people.

If any sponsers go with this idea a gift certificate would be a nice gesture.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well some vendors do sell "adjustable master cylinders" like cartek, etc. It's a stock piece that the rod is threaded. I have never had ANY SINGLE problem with my mcleod adjustable master cylinder at all for almost two years now (2 clutch disks later still perfect) Didn't even do the drill mod.

The problem that you are going to have even if you keep the stock one is that when it gets hot, (hotlapping, etc) it will not fully engage and disengage the clutch properly causing missed gears, or a sticking clutch petal. The mcleod pushed more fluid than the stock one and is made out of alum, not plastic.

I've had the stock master, the cartek adjustable master and now the Mcleod. I made 33 back to back 1/4 passes @ reynolds with the mcleod adj master and NEVER once missed a gear or had a sticky petal.

I would recommend you let someone that has properly bled a clutch like any vendors on the right do a Mcleod Adj master for you (with lines and resivour already attached) and then you put it in and you should be good to go.

If you really want to just make your stock master adjustable go to www.cartek.net website under cartek clutch and there is a line in there:

"To modify and make your own master cylinder adjustable is $100"

Cheers.