Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanna change my FLOWMASTERS but to what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna change my FLOWMASTERS but to what?

I currently have everything in my sig including FLOWMASTER mufflers, i know many members on the board if not all clown the FLOWMASTER by calling it choke master, not flowmaster, flow disaster and so forth . i wanna change it even though i like the way my car sounds especially with no cats but i need something that flows better, what do u guys think? o yeah im kind of on a budget so nothing too expensive
Old 08-14-2004, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

A Cutout with a MPP2 or QTEC is a good option.
My SLP Dual / Dual flows pretty well but I have heard you can gain 12 hp switching to a Loudmouth. So I am adding the cutout and seeing what it comes up with.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

NO on the loudmouth without cats, it will sound terrible.

if you are on a budget, take the tips off the flowmaster and get the tsp rumbler, same its just a loudmouth with a bullet in place of the resonator basically, but its something like 225 bucks. Hooker is what i went to from true duals. I love the sound. very sleeper at stop lights, but when you get on it, it sounds sooo great!!!

hooker catbacks run around 280 plus shipping.

Best of luck to you!
Travis
Old 08-14-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

DO you have a weld-in muffler only? I had one, and upgraded to the American Thunder cat-back. The difference was night and day. I don't care what everybody says, Flowmaster may not be THE highest flowing muffler, but they do make a really good muffler that sounds awesome too.