Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

first worthy kill- 03 svt lightning

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first worthy kill- 03 svt lightning

i stalked him . i was out cruising in a nearby town and see this guy pass me going the opposite way and stop at a red light. i bust a u-turn (no traffic out tonight). and slowly catch up to him. we play around and he stops at a wawa.

it turns out my friend in the car knows him and we get to talking- it is an 03 with headers/exhaust, pulley (4psi over stock so maybe 12-13psi pulley), and intake. no chip for the pulley though so it is basically un-tuned but he still says it has 450hp and is capable of mid 12's. so naturally i ask if he want to run- he agrees... (keep in mind at this point i figure im toast, check my sig for my times...)

1st race- 3,2,1, go on go right? the idiot has a horrible reaction time and i toast him all the way up to 100mph but i didnt' count that because he was sleeping on the line..

2nd race- i MAKE sure he is going to go on GO- i take him by like 2 cars out of the hole, he catches up to my rear bumper but as i get to the end of 2nd gear he starts to ever so slightly drop back- ending it with him maybe 1/2 car behind my bumper at 100mph. then he turns off .

guess he didn't want to talk about it afterwards. . my thinking is the truck was molested as a child, he did mention that he bought it with 6k miles on it but it was already modified and there is a bolt/plug in the top of the supercharger, probably where a fitting for nitrous was used from a previous owner. i think somebody bought it new, sprayed the **** out of it, then traded it in and this poor schmuck got a beat lightning..
Old 08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill and sad story about the L...
Hard to believe with your mods that you pulled him so hard, but anything can happen on the street.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

believe me- i didn't expect to win, nor do i expect all lightnings to run like his- im still psyched though but i pretty confident his truck SHOULD'VE been running mid 12's, it just wasn't
Old 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

My buddy has an '01 L with a Kenne Bell blower running I believe 15psi with a diablo tune. He as a full exhaust yet he retains the stock manifolds still. He run's 12.80's @106 with Hoosier slicks and like 1.8 60's. He takes me from a low roll on street tires then I catch him around 80-100 and usually O am pulling on him around 100.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

If he is untuned and running that much boost, losing to you shouldnt be his biggest concern. 12-13 # he should definately be running deep 12's with traction.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:43 AM
STF Veteran

Nice kill. I'm guessing if he gets it tuned it will be a different outcome.