Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and Exhaust Question

I was wondering 2 things:
1. from your own opinions which LT headers would you guys pick from experience or from advice Pacesetter or Flowtech?Fitment idea would help also.
2. and how much of a difference in loudness is there between the Dynomax Bullets and Sweet Thunder Chambers, both dumped before rear-end. don't want anything quiet but nothing obnoxiously loud that cops flip out or anything. was thinking about the Maganflow 4x9 but wanted an opinion on what you guys thought abou the Bullets and the Chambered Mufflers.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2004, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No firsthand experience with the Sweet thunder mufflers at anything but light throttle, but I wouldn't worry about the dynomax's being obnoxiously loud. They *might* bother you with interior noise, which is diff from person to person, but that is the only worry I can see with them. From what I have read (no first had) I would go with pacesetters. Right now you can't beat pacesetters and TSP's rumbler X system for a great bang for the buck exhaust that will make good power and sound badass.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:35 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1) my opinion from the many pacsetters vs flowtech header threads is neither , but if you had to chose get the pacesetters. TSP stopped carrying flowtechs, that in itself should tell you something .

2) ls1sounds
Old 08-16-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

The sweet-thunders are not noticeably louder. They drone less, and have more SOUND. What I mean by that is the bullets tend to take away from the sound of the exhaust, you sound like an airplane instead of a musclecar. Don't get me wrong, it sounded bad ***, but the sweet thunders sound much better IMO. Plus, you gain some ground clearance using the sweet-thunders (3" diamater rather than 4" like the bullets).

FWIW, I would get Kook's. If you're going to do something, do it right the first time; stainless steel won't rust and they fit PERFECTLY.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

cool thanks alot for the feedback guys.