Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car runs like crap

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car runs like crap

OK guys and gals. Need a little help. I just finished mt 67 bird with an ls1. Car runs ok after I drilled the TB. It's still not running the way it should. Running real rich. Fouling the plugs on the left side. I am very new at this. I have been searching through forums with no success. It seems I need a little custom tuning. Any help would be appreciated. I am in the san antonio/austin area. What do I do. All I have is a tech 2 at my disposal.

1967 Firebird
2000 LS1 w/hot cam
S&P header
SLP MAF
4L60E auto
3:08 rear

Thanks J.C.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Talking

hello, well this is my first post so stand by, but anyhow my 98 ls1 was doing the SAME THING! and believe it or not it got fixed today!(mad mike of houston), and it happened to be the O2 sensor on the drivers side. if you've had the code read and it says its misfiring and running rich on the left bank, (or drivers side) then i would check it out. I also have dont have CATS on my car, but the sensors were still F#$@ed, and it fixed my prob.
trav

Originally Posted by 67 bird
OK guys and gals. Need a little help. I just finished mt 67 bird with an ls1. Car runs ok after I drilled the TB. It's still not running the way it should. Running real rich. Fouling the plugs on the left side. I am very new at this. I have been searching through forums with no success. It seems I need a little custom tuning. Any help would be appreciated. I am in the san antonio/austin area. What do I do. All I have is a tech 2 at my disposal.

1967 Firebird
2000 LS1 w/hot cam
S&P header
SLP MAF
4L60E auto
3:08 rear

Thanks J.C.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Contact Allen at Nelson Performance in SA and he will fix you up with an awesome tune and fix what ales your tune. He's an awesome tuner and has LS1Edit and really knows how to use it. Plus he has a dyno and can max out your performance too. Tell him Greg from LS1Trucks.com sent you. You won't find a better tuner in your area.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Thanks Red. I'll give him a call. I Appreciate the info........J.C.