11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Me first!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Me first!!!

Current best is 11.888 @ 113
Car mods (at the time) were TR230 cam, stock heads, Jet-hot longtubes, hooker ORY, cutout, Holley alluminum intake, TSP lid, Yank ST3500 converter, poly motor mounts, tranny mount, and torque arm (stock) bushing, BMR SFCs, adjustable LCAs w/ relocation brackets, 3.73 gear in a 10bolt that's begging for mercy, and Tuning by Norris Motorsports. Run on 26" ET streets and weld draglite skinnies up front.

Since the 11.888 pass, I've fixed a leak at the intake manifold that was apparently robbing me of 20rwhp, then added a Spohn torque arm and Wolfe 6point roll bar. No solid passes since then though... something going wrong every time. Currently (as of 2 days ago) the motor is out and stripped to a bare block, thanks to a broken Manley valvespring that sent a valve into a piston. Rebuilding the motor with ARP everything on the bottom end, new pistons (possibly forged), sodium filled LS6 valves, Crane double springs and a T-rex cam with a new SS3800 verter. Aiming for the 10 sec club when she's back together!