Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default full exhaust system

OK, I am still kinda new and still do not have my car yet but I found it and am going to take it for a test drive tomorrow. A friend who owns a Mitsubishi delaership who I wont name took a 99 Z28 M6 T Top loaded car in on trade with 60k miles and is letting me have it for what he has in it. I would tell you guys but it would make you sick so I will leave you hangin.

OK, 1st thing is an exhaust system and I need to know a few things. I am not using any cats, so with that in mind I have 2 options.

Long tubes and y pipe or long tubes and tru duals. From what Ive read the pacesetters are the way to go for power/dollar so I guess I will go with those. As for the exhaust from the header back, what do I need to complete a y pipe system?

If I go with true duals then does anyone make a system that bolts up or is that gonna be custom work? How is the underside of the car shaped? Does it have reliefs for pipe work built into the underside of the car? How is ground clearance on tru dual cars. It was horrible on 3rd gen cars.

Lastly has anyone seen the race headers and race y pipe that edelbrock makes now? It looks very good. Thanks, Mike.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To complete the y-pipe setup, you'll need a catback exhaust that many of our sponsors sell. As for the true duals, you'll only need the headers and the true dual setup. These can be custom fabricated, but some of our sponsors sell them ready to bolt. I have the TSP true dual setup and I love it. My ground clearance is pretty decent. I'm a lowered car and drive on Michigan crap...err...roads, so on a non lowered car they should be gravy.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey kpowr whereabouts you at in rochester?
Old 08-18-2004, 04:52 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sig and search
Old 08-18-2004, 10:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

pacesetters are cheap if your on a budget but the fit and finish is hit or miss, some fit great others can be a pain. do you plan on any other mods in the future?
as for ypipe or duals its up to you duals will be louder but cheaper, texas speed has bolt on duals too for what its worth
Old 08-18-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have pacesetters with the TSP set up. The clearance is great and the sound is even better! Good luck
Old 08-18-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ohhiitznik
hey kpowr whereabouts you at in rochester?
Parkdale and Dequindre. Stoney Creek Ridge sub. PM me if you ever need anything. We're practically neighbors.