Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Calibrating Speedo after gear change

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calibrating Speedo after gear change

I've ordered a 12 bolt with 4:11's I know the speedo will be off because its set to the stock 3:42's. The car was tuned after my H/C and I traveled almost 3 hours to get that done, and the nearest LS1 edit garage is 2 hours away. Do I have to drive all the way there(2 hours) to calibrated the speedo (and pay $400-500) or drive 3 hours and see if they will adjust it for a small fee, or is there an easier way to to it?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

normally if you have your car tuned at a place they will change little stuff like gear changes for free, it takes like 10minutes. The only way to do it is with an edit program though.

Hey i remember your car from eastside i think, the blue firehawk? The car sounded bad ***. Eastside will change the speedo ratio for no charge if you had the car tuned there, their great guys. The drive there does stink though
Old 08-18-2004, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon1999
normally if you have your car tuned at a place they will change little stuff like gear changes for free, it takes like 10minutes. The only way to do it is with an edit program though.

Hey i remember your car from eastside i think, the blue firehawk? The car sounded bad ***. Eastside will change the speedo ratio for no charge if you had the car tuned there, their great guys. The drive there does stink though
Yep that was my car, thanks for the compliment. I figured they would do that, I was just looking for a way to get out of the long ride.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Talk to the shop before you show up - more leverage that way. I found the going rate for that kind of thing to be around $50. The shop installing my 12 bolt tomorrow is throwing in the speedo recal for free.