Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut Outs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut Outs?

I have true dual exhausts with flowsmasters. My question is I wanted to add Mr Gaskets' cut outs. I need two obviously but where to put the cuts? Right b4 the mufflers or right after the heads? Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Teching In

not sure if ur running cats or not but if you are than i know this. my friend has a 99trans am and he originally had cutouts right after the headers, but the smell and all that crap just got too much for him cuz he could smell it with the windows closed and everything. he eventually changed them and put them right before the muffler on his borla exhaust, sounds awsome and he hasnt had a problem with them since. i dont know if its the same for everyone cuz im sure their will be people who might disagree w/ me or are running them after headers with no problem, but i figured id throw my 2cents in anyway.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I do have high flow cats probly a good Idea to go after them. I am looking at the MR GASKET cut outs with the pull lever. If anyone has these or has seen them is there a way to connect two cut outs to one lever? Thansk
Old 08-18-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by swampfox25
Thanks, I do have high flow cats probly a good Idea to go after them. I am looking at the MR GASKET cut outs with the pull lever. If anyone has these or has seen them is there a way to connect two cut outs to one lever? Thansk
I would recommend the lever thing. They make electric plates that go over the cutouts now that open and control them via motor from a switch inside the car. I had them and now they are on my roomate's car. Very nice, open in about 4 seconds and can close just as fast. To find them, search for DMH, QTEC, or as a last resort, the McCord Power Plate.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LSUxBlake
They make electric plates that go over the cutouts now that open and control them via motor from a switch inside the car. I had them and now they are on my roomate's car. Very nice, open in about 4 seconds and can close just as fast. To find them, search for DMH, QTEC, or as a last resort, the McCord Power Plate.
Yes, get a QTEC from QTP.