Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

I told my wife she needed a new rearend...she said I did too, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I told my wife she needed a new rearend...she said I did too, HELP!

So I have narrowed it down and have decided that I want a 12 bolt rearend filled with the 4.10 gears. From what I hear the Mosers seem to be having a whine problem. I came from the school of 'There is no better than Strange' anyway so that doesn't phase me, I was kinda leaning that way already. My question is this, what do I need to make this a drop out and bolt in no install? I want to keep the ABS and the crappy ASR. I would like to get it all done right the first time. Also what spline axle? I was thinking 33, too much for me? Eventually I would like 550tq, and the car to be set for autocross with a few passes yearly at the strip. All help is greatly appreciated, I just want it all to come to me pretty, so it's a simple drop/replace type of weekend.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

TTT please!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

have you chosen a carrier yet?
i am following your post. looking at the same thing.
oh, 33's are the way to go...
Old 08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

No I have not decided on a carrier yet, what type are you looking at for that? I have since confirmed my own decision as well for the 33's thanks!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you guys seen the 9 inch carrier Strange is making with 12 bolt gears and all?You use a 9 inch housing with the Strange designed carrier, you can change the gears like a 9 inch but use the more effecient 12 bolt gears=less hp loss?Pretty cool!
Old 08-29-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't heard of these, and can't find much info on their website. Would these be stronger than a normal 12 bolt? Assuming it would use a heavy duty posi unit (not spool). I have also read about Strange releasing a dana 60 rear for f-body's next year. I would like to know more about both options, but Strange hasn't answered my email. So if anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

That would be rather impressive to accomplish, I wonder if that would change install at all. FASTONE as you find out more about this and projected cost please keep us informed! Dana 60 huh?