Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyway to find out if i have a shiftkit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyway to find out if i have a shiftkit?

Hey i bought my car with all the mods on it, the previous owner bought it with mods on it too but he was a newb and did not know anything.

Anyways, i know that its possible to increase shift firmness with a PCM tune, so is there a difference between the firmness i can get from the PCM tune and the shiftkit? How can i find out if i have a PCM tune or shift kit or both?

My car shifts very hard, i chirp in 2nd with very little throttle, i chirp in 3rd at WOT, and i love how it shifts so firm and crisp. Also it take some effort to shift from Park to Drive, its hard to push the button down. And when i do shift to drive or reverse my car kind of jumps forward (or backward) alittle bit. I also have a stock TC because i tried to brake stall it, but it only went up to liek 1500. (will put a vig 2800 soon).

So let me know how i can tell if its a shift kit or a tune. If i had the shift kit i would still need to have a tune done to set the firm shifts right? i will be able to look in my PCM pretty soon, i am getting a OBDII cable.

Oh and the car seems to shift at over 6,000 rpms at WOT.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt...