Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

vs. 97 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vs. 97 Cobra

My sister just started dating this guy that has a 97 Cobra, sweet ride too, done a lot of work to it, dont know specifics. Anyway, he's been talkin it up for a while so we took em out one night. First time, dropped it about 2600 and spun way too much, more than I'd like anyway. He pulled about a half-length away but once I caught some traction it was over. Still only ended up beatin him about a car length. Second time, dropped about an even 2000 and got better grip off the line...no contest from the start this time. Pulled ahead off the line and got him by about 2 lengths. He hasn't said anything since. Hard to find decent racers around here besides Eclipse's that think a body kit makes them invincible.

New to the LS1Tech scene but been at it for a while, plannin to stick around.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats and welcome to the board, those true duals will help a lot, way more than the chokemaster on there, if its gonna be a while, get a cutout, you will gain a bit more power than with that thing on there
Old 08-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HOSS
congrats and welcome to the board, those true duals will help a lot, way more than the chokemaster on there, if its gonna be a while, get a cutout, you will gain a bit more power than with that thing on there

you ain't kiddin with the chokemaster. I don't like it but I put it on there when I ifrst got the car about a year ago bc I wanted somethin on there, and it was for $120. Can't wait to get that student loan refund.....
Old 08-26-2004, 12:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill on the snake. Congrats.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice Kill and welcome to the board