Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kid(Actually Cool!) Goes down in 300z

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kid(Actually Cool!) Goes down in 300z

Driving on 275 I saw a mid 90's 300Z fly by. It was red, had a window sticker which I couldn't read, and dual "Big-***" chrome mufflers. I don't really know if it was TT or not. He saw me and slowed down to around 60ish or so. He rolled down his window and nodded. I put up my fingers to say "three" and he nodded again. I pointed to him and he honked three times. On three I let him go for a half second or so and then nailed it. I pulled almost immediately and stayed in front until I shut down at around 110. Instead of a fly-by he slowed again, honked and gave me thumbs up, which I returned.
I was really suprised that
A) He was cool with "pacing"
B) He was cool with the "go on three thing"
C) He didn't do a fly-by and actually showed respect in losing by giving thumbs up.
I guess they aren't all ricers. If that guy is reading this-good race, and thanks for proving most ricer assumptions wrong!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Welll yeah, its not 100% of ricers that do that ****, its cool though, too bad more people cant be like that.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive raced some people with swapped civic hatchbacks that are like that and i know hang out with some of them jus cuz they are koo. Not everyone who drives a import fast or slow is a ricer.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got a thumbs up from a guy in a s.r.t. - 4 neon after i beat him from about a 25 - 80 run. he would have forever tainted my image of one of those neons if he had done somthing stupid like you mentioned above. he did get in the gas a little earlier than i expected him to when we started but i still walked him even with his jump.

i got beat by a badass fox body mustang and i pulled beside the guy and said his **** was runnin good and gave him the thumbs up...a few days later he approached my car at sonic and invited me to a party at his house!! i wish all racing could go as smoothly as that, but then again, if we diddnt get pissed off sometimes, we might never mod our cars!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
Driving on 275 I saw a mid 90's 300Z fly by. It was red, had a window sticker which I couldn't read, and dual "Big-***" chrome mufflers. I don't really know if it was TT or not. He saw me and slowed down to around 60ish or so. He rolled down his window and nodded. I put up my fingers to say "three" and he nodded again. I pointed to him and he honked three times. On three I let him go for a half second or so and then nailed it. I pulled almost immediately and stayed in front until I shut down at around 110. Instead of a fly-by he slowed again, honked and gave me thumbs up, which I returned.
I was really suprised that
A) He was cool with "pacing"
B) He was cool with the "go on three thing"
C) He didn't do a fly-by and actually showed respect in losing by giving thumbs up.
I guess they aren't all ricers. If that guy is reading this-good race, and thanks for proving most ricer assumptions wrong!
Wow, I have yet to find someone that cool. Its always the "flyby" around here.....fredericksburg,VA..........
Old 09-03-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill and props to the 300 kid for being cool.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Launching!

me and my friend who has a sc/h/c t/a were headed home after a car gtg. there was this honda hatchback that was behind my buddy. they ran a few times with obvious outcomes and then he came next to me. i hear the bov. i was like, oh yea! i look over and we both nod. so i do the 3 honks and i dont think he was ready cause i mashed the gas and pulled from 70- 100 or so. i slowed down. then we were doing about 60-65 and i put it in 3rd. hehe. i got stock gears so i was at about 3500 i think. 3 honks and we both go. he got a slight jump. we were even then i stared to catch up. at the top of 3rd i was passing him. took it to 4th and i just continued to pull. he was a cool dude. we just drove through traffic after that. his little civic hatch back was fast. i think it would give a stock ls1 a run for its money.