Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Question?

I hope you guys can help me out on this one. I just put another transmission in my car with the same stall I had before. Cause me old tranny wasnt shifting at WOT anymore. So I put another stock 4l60e in there. Under normal driving its perfect. Once I get on it and it gets in to the red it seems like it slips or jumps 500RPM's out of nowhere. It also stays stuck on the rev for a while before it shifts sometimes it hits the rev & sometimes it doesnt. I had a guy tell me that I have to take my car to the dealership to have them reprogram it for the new tranny so it can learn the shift points again. Does anyone know if this is true? Or do I have a bad tranny and/or stall? So basically my question is DO I NEED TO HAVE MY CAR REPROGRAMMED AT THE DEALER FOR MY NEW TRANNY?

Thanks in advance
Alex
Old 08-29-2004, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Cool

Originally Posted by BADBOYZ28
I hope you guys can help me out on this one. I just put another transmission in my car with the same stall I had before. Cause me old tranny wasnt shifting at WOT anymore. So I put another stock 4l60e in there. Under normal driving its perfect. Once I get on it and it gets in to the red it seems like it slips or jumps 500RPM's out of nowhere. It also stays stuck on the rev for a while before it shifts sometimes it hits the rev & sometimes it doesnt. I had a guy tell me that I have to take my car to the dealership to have them reprogram it for the new tranny so it can learn the shift points again. Does anyone know if this is true? Or do I have a bad tranny and/or stall? So basically my question is DO I NEED TO HAVE MY CAR REPROGRAMMED AT THE DEALER FOR MY NEW TRANNY?

Thanks in advance
Alex
I think you just had a serving of: "POST TOASTIES"

Post=after many WOT runs

Toasties=3/4 clutch pack is now TOAST!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Reprogrammed? NO
Reset Shift Adapts? YES!

However, you don't need to go to the dealer to do that. You can leave the battery unplugged overnight and it will erase the shift adapts.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Cool I'll try that tonight and see if it help