Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busy weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Busy weekend

Tore the car down last week and got ready for a long Saturday. Installed and did basically all the stuff in the sig. I do have to say that my last 2 lifters dropped on the drivers side. VERY SCARY! They hit my fabbed rods and stopped just shy from falling out of their journals. Pen magnets worked magic, thank God. Dynatec headers went on pretty easy, but had to lengthen O2 sensors with butt conectors. All in it going from stock to doing all that it pretty much screams..........I just have to get that tune next weekend. Tires, clutch, and rear end girdle are next, with heads soon to follow. Look out DFW I am coming!

Later

Brandon
Old 08-30-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah, forgot to say. The LS6 oil pump scared me a bit. When I first started the car it went to about 3000rpms and oil pressure shot to like 75 lbs. After driving it a while I find pressure to run steady at about 50 lbs. Does that sound about right?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Oh yeah, forgot to say. The LS6 oil pump scared me a bit. When I first started the car it went to about 3000rpms and oil pressure shot to like 75 lbs. After driving it a while I find pressure to run steady at about 50 lbs. Does that sound about right?
Mine did that at first too, as the oil heats up it tends to settle around 40psi for me