Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed Ticking

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 02:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixed Ticking

The other day my passenger side of the engine developed a very loud and noticeable ticking. At first I thought it was the header bolts had came loose.. so I tried as many as I could and they all seemed fine. From under the car the ticking was much MUCH worse.

Today I decided to pull the coil packs, check all the plug wires and make sure the plugs were secured tightly. All was well, as were the back header bolts. Uh oh... failing lifter? Loose rocker? Pulled the valve cover... rockers were all fine.

Going to sleep tonight I was extremely depressed at what this might be.. and then I thought to myself... EGR block off plate.. holy ****. I ran outside in my PJ's and felt around where the EGR block off plate was.. sure enough... both bolts were loose and the gasket and plate were just rattling around.

Going to put her back together tomorrow and fire her back up... I guess it never hurts to check the little things first.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:38 AM
9 Second Club

So I'm not the only one who thinks of things in the middle of the night and goes out to the car in PJs...some might think we are obsessed with our cars
Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
So I'm not the only one who thinks of things in the middle of the night and goes out to the car in PJs...some might think we are obsessed with our cars
I'll THIRD that! Glad it was a "nothing" Dang it all!
Old 09-12-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
I've done that many times.. Stuff just seems to become so much clearer after a few hours of dreaming about it.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:21 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
I've done that many times.. Stuff just seems to become so much clearer after a few hours of dreaming about it.
It's a lot better than waking up the next morning trying to remember what you were going to try out!