Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Time I've Been Taken Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 05:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First Time I've Been Taken Out

Welp, I lost my first race. Mostly the only competition I've had is from Civics and Hondas that don't know any better. Just a few sports cars and a Firebird. For some reason, no one wants to race a Z28 in Las Vegas.

Anyway, I'm heading west on Charleston and I'm stopped at a light on Ft. Apache. This slick black Porsche pulls up next to me. He didn't act like he wanted to race so I just took off normally at the light. Right then he hits the gas and starts accelerating fast. I rev match and throw it back into first to get a leg up. I hit 70 and pass him and he lets off. I got way ahead of him and figured it was all over, another one bites the dust.

This guy catches up to me on Town Center Dr. and comes up along side. I figure cool, we'll go again and have some fun. I lower the windows to ask if he wants to race from a stop on the 215. At that moment he punches it. So I knock it back into 3rd and mash the gas. In just a matter of seconds I couldn't believe my eyes. I was pushing 100 and this guy was just killing me. Must have been 6 car lengths ahead before we had to shut down at a roundabout. I caught up to him at a stop light to ask him what he had done to the car. He just told me he had a lot of work done on it. I don't know exactly what he put in there, but damn is that a fast car. Makes me want to get a supercharger.

Sorry to be so long winded. I'm a little drunk and a little itchy. I just couldn't believe how badly I got my *** handed to me after easily beating two other Carreras. It was a shock to see a Porsche actually racing on the streets of Vegas. All too often, you see guys over 60 driving these cars at about 15 MPH below the speed limit.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:15 AM
TECH Resident

Don't sweat it. We all lose from time to time.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its cool..at least it was a porsche, i ALMOST got beat by a suped up integra on the interstate..his turbo spooled up and wheeewww..i didnt loose but i wasnt acutually winning...pretty even..pissed me off..damn rice, thats embarassing..
Old 09-01-2004, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Hey it could be worse: you could have lost to BULLshITT! But seriously, that's a good death.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. I feel like crying a little less now.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, nice death. At least the car cost a lot more than yours...that's always comforting.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

I call BS!

The 8 can NEVA LOSE!!! haha

Good death man.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackSrt
I call BS!

The 8 can NEVA LOSE!!! haha

Good death man.
Haha sooner or later people will start calling BS on death stories for real.

We all lose, there will always be something faster out there, always remember that

-Todd