Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Driveshaft Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driveshaft Q

My stock driveshaft broke in half at about 10 inches from the back. It looked like something cut it. Well I got a carbon fiber one from ACPT and I looked under the car after about 1 month and it looks like it may happen again. There is about a half an inch tear in it now. Anyone know what this could be?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS LeadFoot
My stock driveshaft broke in half at about 10 inches from the back. It looked like something cut it. Well I got a carbon fiber one from ACPT and I looked under the car after about 1 month and it looks like it may happen again. There is about a half an inch tear in it now. Anyone know what this could be?
Is it worn out all the way around the shaft? Mine was and it was b/c it would hit the undercarriage of the car (i think it was one of the brackets for the e brake cable). I had the bilstein suspension from slp and i changed to eibach springs and don't have the problem any more. You should definitely get that checked out before you break a $700+ driveshaft
Old 09-13-2004, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks that is exactly what was happening. I just had to readjust the torque arm and then for some reason the DS would not hit. Thanks