Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tropi-Care Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tropi-Care Review

I received some samples of Tropi-Care's claybar, TC3 polish, tire dressing, and mf detail towel.

My prep work for this test consisted of wash, clay, and Menzerna IP/FP.

Claybar - Grey color and pliable. Had good cleaning ability and easy to use. (similar to Clay Magic )

TC3 Polish - Pinkish color, medium consistency, and delicious cherry smell. I applied the polish using a "primed" foam applicator. It spread smoothly and without too much effort. It was pretty easy to get a thin coat and was visible enough to ensure good coverage. Overall, decently user friendly (not quite as easy as Wolfgang).

I let the polish cure for about 30 minutes and it removed completely with their mf detail towel. The shine was a clear and reflective. It was similar to Zaino, without the saran wrap look. Pretty typical sealant appearance.

The initial slickness was nice, but not the slickest I've ever used. The slickness seemed to hold up well after several washings.

Beads were tight and round, and there was no sign of diminishing after several washings.

Overall, the TC3 polish is nice and meets my expectations and Tropi-Care's claims. Good look, shine, slickness, etc.

Tire Dressing - The dressing is like a clear salad oil in the bottle. I applied it using a EO tire swipe. It spread easily and uniformly. It appeared totally dry in about 15-20 minutes. The gloss was pretty high, but not a greasy look. I would compare it to 2 applications of Armor All, in terms of gloss. The shine lasted a good 2 week period.

MF Detail Towel - Orange in color and a different weave than I am used to with my Pak Shak towels. What do I think? This thing is awesome for wax/sealant removal. It's like it has a built in wax/sealant magnet. It sucked everything off the surface of the paint. Very effecient towel. I would definitely buy this towel again. It's not really meant as a QD towel or anything like that, but it is a superb utility towel.

Hope this review is thorough and helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.