Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower or Top motor rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower or Top motor rebuild?

Hey guys gotta NewB here... I have a 99 Z28 M6 with just a lid, maf, kooks lt, oryp, qtp cutout and gmmg. It's time for me to stop with the boltons and get some real power My car has 90,000 miles on it though so would it be safer to get a good complete heads/cam package (from Norris here in Cntrl Fla of course) or get a power adder? I was thinking the heads/cam then getting a stronger rearend (w/ probably 3.73s), stronger driveshaft, and suspension parts then getting blown. Tell me what you guys think I should do first.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

well, it will be about the same to do H/C and a rear end, or just a S/C. either way you go, you'll need to do suspension mods to help lay that power to the ground. if you can afford to do both, do the S/C first, then heads/cam and rear end. that way you can tailor the heads/cam to the s/c and not worry about losing anything in the short run. thats my opinion anyhow. FI is fun no matter what.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With 90 k if you get new heads you"ll be replacing some well worn parts same with the cam swap, if you go blower you are pushing these older parts harder.With a lot more power the rearend is just a matter of time.PS how did you come up with that un??
Old 09-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FASTONE
With 90 k if you get new heads you"ll be replacing some well worn parts same with the cam swap, if you go blower you are pushing these older parts harder.With a lot more power the rearend is just a matter of time.PS how did you come up with that un??
The user name comes from what I do to the poor ricer kids that ride with their ladies thinking they are the shiz... As the light turns green slowly roll out while the front wheels of the speed deamon toyota squeel like a pig... this will get him out in front a little maybe boosting his confidence then slam on the gas ripping into second right as you pass the poor guy... you know how the rear end of our cars can get really squirrly through second thus making his woman realize what a real car is... which may soak the panties which brings my to always saying " my z28 your girl " FOOOOOOOL
Old 09-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

i thought so fresh out of high school.