Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed "se4" and turbo trans am at the track

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed "se4" and turbo trans am at the track

And i even have slips.....14 of them Me and kris(the se4) went to Milan on Friday during the impalla ss event. Most of the guys were cool, but it looked like a few got pissed that a neon was there and when the track went down for clean up i kept hearing "yeah, the neon blew his turbo and oil went all over the place" but actually it was a kit car the dropped the slick stuff on the track....the quote of the day was overheard by my wife in the stands "what the f*** is that neon doing catching up to my husband's car?".....anyways, i just put macs and dual cutouts on my car and was hoping to improve on my last time out, which was 13.1 @ 107.....i was hoping high 12s, as i mentioned in another post.....so i was happy as heck when my first run was 12.7, and soon after that i got a 12.6, both at 112! It was hot and humid, but i kept running stronger, and the one time i hooked "too good" for the stock rear i ran a 12.599 My wife was laughing at me cuz i was so stoked, like a proud dad.....i ran by myself or against kris everytime except once, when a '89 pace car turbo trans am lined up with me:he jumped out ahead of me, then i stayed with him and by the traps i was a few feet from overtaking him.....i thought he had beat me, but it turns out he went 3 tenths early and i went on time, he ran i 12.99 and i ran a 12.7........my first time hitting 12.6 was against the neon, and it was his best run of the day:

He never came close to that again(mostly mid 13s when he had the boost up)
and he ended break his torque arms and one of his fans went into his radiator......but he's fixing it and addin a few more things to find 12s....i have videos, but i have to get them on my computer, so it'll be a few days....
Old 09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome runs I need to get to the track again soon I'm starting to have withdrawls lol. Track nights = good times.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah it was a blast.....it was michigan's impala ss club day, it was cool seeing those beasts go down the track.....