Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Srt-4 vs. C5 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt-4 vs. C5 Vette

Well, I was cruising like usual and this vette comes up and starts punching it beside me. So, we punched it together and I pulled on him. I also had 2 other guys in the car which weighed 225 pounds, 190 pounds and im at 180 pounds. He was alone. So after a few rolling races he said....Take me off a roll and I would kick that Neons ***. So, of course I agree and we go to a long straight away. I drop off my two buddies on the side and we go on the Green light.

Out of the hole He only got a half car on me. I started pulling him 3rd but I was so scared that I was going to mis-shift so I didnt wot shift. So, I gain at 3rd then shift and drop back to his door. Shift to 4th and I am reeling him in until he stops hard due to a car in front of him.

He said he had Headers, exhaust and an intake. I questioned him about the headers because I would think he would have raped me with just headers alone. I guess my car is faster then I thought.

I ran into a S/C SS that night and that thing was NUTS! He had no traction what-so-ever. I would beat him off the line but he would reel me so hard. It sounded like heaven.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice run I can't find a c5 around here willing to run and never seen one with more than a catback in this town. The SS sounds like it would be fun to run. I wish I had a supercharger.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Was the C-5 a stick or auto?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shoulder Shaker
Was the C-5 a stick or auto?
I am not really sure but it was probably an Auto because I was catching up to it and I think I run like high 12's.