Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E interchange

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E interchange

I recently got a killer deal on a 93GMC, 2wd, 1500 pickup. I knew from the start the tranny in it is shot, it makes a grinding/screeching noise and only has 2nd, 3rd, and reverse gear, no converter lockup.

Since I fear the damage could be pretty severe I would rather replace it than have it rebuilt. My question is what year model trucks can I get a used tranny from to replace it? Must I stay with a 93 model tranny or will later versions be compatable?

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Launching!

'93/'94 will be a direct drop-in (may need to swap out tailshaft housings depending on what vehicle the new one came out of)

'95 can be used, but you will have to modify the TCC PWM circuit. The TransGo Reprogramming kit will correct that.

'96 started using a different 3-2 control setup and theoretically, is NOT compatible with previous, but I have heard many people got it to work just fine, but you'll have to modify the TCC PWM circuit just like the '95.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TeamTripp
'93/'94 will be a direct drop-in (may need to swap out tailshaft housings depending on what vehicle the new one came out of)

'95 can be used, but you will have to modify the TCC PWM circuit. The TransGo Reprogramming kit will correct that.

'96 started using a different 3-2 control setup and theoretically, is NOT compatible with previous, but I have heard many people got it to work just fine, but you'll have to modify the TCC PWM circuit just like the '95.

THANKS!
I've done a Yahoo search on the TCC PWM subject and for now I'm overloaded with info. Looks like it's more complicated than I thought!

Last edited by bigjames4xl; 09-06-2004 at 04:18 PM. Reason: new info