Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals with H-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Duals with H-pipe

Is it possible to do true duals with the stock manifolds and cats? I am thinking about dual true duals beginning from my stock cats...is that possible? Could I get this done with an h-pipe and go into what ever mufflers you use for true duals? Or does the x sound better. I know on mustangs the x-pipe is more of a higher pitch while the hpipe sound more like old school muscle. Would doing this cause a problems, as I am doing longtubes next spring? Should I just wait until I get the longtubes? Is it possible, if so, how much do you think it will be??
Old 09-06-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS62000
Is it possible to do true duals with the stock manifolds and cats? I am thinking about dual true duals beginning from my stock cats...is that possible? Could I get this done with an h-pipe and go into what ever mufflers you use for true duals? Or does the x sound better. I know on mustangs the x-pipe is more of a higher pitch while the hpipe sound more like old school muscle. Would doing this cause a problems, as I am doing longtubes next spring? Should I just wait until I get the longtubes? Is it possible, if so, how much do you think it will be??
If you're going to do LTs in the future, then I would just wait. It'll be a waste of cash because you're gonna have to get the TDs redone once you install the LTs.

As far as x or h pipe, x offers more power, and the h is for sound.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

since I guess I will just wait, should I just weld in a different muffler for now for sound. It is way to quiet. I am going to do true duals with an h-pipe once I get my headers, I think.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

You could weld in a muffler, or just wait all together.