Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Took the plunge :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the plunge :)

Ok, ripped the RS kit off, now i have holes in my car haha. I took her to the local body shop and got an estimate to fill the holes, and repaint the whole car. I'll add the SS hood, and add the SS spoiler before I take her in. he quoted me 825 bucks to sand down, fill all holes, and repaint the whole car. But that would be just for spraying. After he is done I'll have to wetsand/wheel the car oh well. I need to find a SS hood,spoiler combo for under 750 bucks now heh.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Fiery Features Director

Sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal on the prep and paint. Wetsanding the car shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. However, the car is going to look really good once you are done. I don't know how much luck you will have finding a hood and spoiler for that amount though. If you are willing to go away from OEM, you can try Ebay. They usually have good deals on SS spoilers. I have an aftermarket SS spoiler on my car, and it fits and looks like OEM. The hood might be a bit more difficult to find but I am sure you can get a good deal from one of the sponsors. Good luck and make sure to post some pics once it is all done.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm excited, probably have it all done in 3 weeks.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

got any pics?