Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Kills and Death in my SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First Kills and Death in my SS

Today was insane i finally got to actually race my car for the first time, not like little tiny runs i mean full out races. I didnt only get 1 race i got 3 all in one day..Heres what happened..

Race #1. 1999 SS Vs 2003 Cobra

I was on my way to lunch taking some of the back roads to beat the traffic, so im sitting at the light and there is no one in the intersection at all. Im just sitting there listening to the radio, and i glance over to my right and what do i see?

A Sonic Blue 2003 Cobra, the windows were tinted so dark i couldnt even see the driver, so i throw a rev, and he rolls down his window and smiled and looked at my car from front to back and rolled his window up, and he threw a rev back, so i started to get anxious, not only my first "REAL" race but against an 03 cobra.

So i put the car in first, and take the traction control off, and i rev the car up to about 4K rpms, and hold it there, and hes revving his motor too, light turns green and we both spin hard, i shift to 2nd and finally get traction and take off, i pulled maybe half a car on him, rpms are just flying soon get to almost 6K and shift to 3rd with a little chirp of the tires, i can see i have him by like a fender, then all of a sudden i hear the scream from the supercharger, and he pulled me so hard, it was like i was standing still.

Anyways we pull into th gas station and start BSing, he told me he had full bassani exhaust, pulley, intake and a gear, i dont know if its true or not, but i give Ford props for making one hell of a car.

Race# 2 & 3

So my boys came to my work and i was telling them about my run in with the 03 cobra, and they were busting my ***** bad. So i called them out.
My one buddy has a 1999 GTP with exhaust, pulley, and cold air intake.

So we go line up by this street by my house its completely deserted and like no one drives on it. Anyways, we line up, and do the 3 honk and go, i launched my car like 3K rpms, and he pulled me a little off the line, i should of launched higher, but i got him when i put it in 2nd, we were about even when i hit 2nd, then by the top of 2nd i was a fender, and by the top of 3rd gear, i had a car, and by 5th i was 3 cars ahead of him. It was a pretty decent race and he didnt cry about losing either.

Then my buddy wanted to race me in his integra, it has all the bolt ons, and a turbonetics turbo kit, and he has been talking all this ****, about how is 4 banger is gonna smoke my 8 and all this ****.

So we line up im revving to like 4K, i hear him rev it, and his BOV goes off, so we count 1..2..3..and take off, i spin hard, but caught traction quick, hit 2nd a little chirp, and i have him by a car, im hauling ***, hit 3rd wth a slight chirp, and i have like 3 cars, on him, and just pulling like a raped ape. when i passed the 1/4 where everyone was at they said i had him by like 10 cars. So i get back and he wants to go again, so we do it again pretty much the same thing, except i let off, and beat him by like 5 cars.

Then to top it off my buddy with the Integra said his car wasnt running right and that he couldnt get above 5500 rpms, and that his car isnt tuned or any of that. SURE typical rice excuse right..HAHA anyways, i dont think my cay did to bad, for being a 99 with almost 97K miles on the clock, and considering im not that good of a stick shift driver. So now its time for more and more mods..

And im sorry for the long post guys, but i was bored, and thought i would post this up anyways..
Later
JacobK
Old 09-10-2004, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice kill on the rice, pity about the cobra.