Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF observation I made, Holden LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF observation I made, Holden LS1

I made an observation while going through the Holden Service PDF. They have their MAF 90 degrees off from ours. Interestingly enough, they specifically state it is installed this way, and how there is a resistor at the top and a resistor at the bottom, so that the readings are not skewed. They also don't have funny shaped airboxes like us. Anybody out there know what their MAF table looks like, and how it compares to ours?
Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

A buddy of mine brought his 2001 WS6 over to my place because it was throwing codes and running a little "off". His MAF was installed 90* out of whack. We turned it back the way it was supposed to be, cleared the codes, and had no more problems.

So, if anyone is thinking about rotating the MAF to be like the Holden, you've been warned.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm... I have the GTO air intake elbow on my car (but with a K&N cone filter on the end). I wonder what the GTO table looks like, if it's like the other Holdens. I'm not noticing any problems but anything that might make it better would be, well, better. Maybe gameover might be able to shed some light on the Aussie cars.

-Matt
Old 09-13-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rncotton
A buddy of mine brought his 2001 WS6 over to my place because it was throwing codes and running a little "off". His MAF was installed 90* out of whack. We turned it back the way it was supposed to be, cleared the codes, and had no more problems.

So, if anyone is thinking about rotating the MAF to be like the Holden, you've been warned.
Did he have a lid? The Holden intake is shaped more like our lids than what our stock intakes are shaped like.