Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Washing and Detailing Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washing and Detailing Question

Today, I applied for a job as a washer and detailer at a local car dealership. Anyone have any experience in this field? I just wanted to know what to expect. Is it really hard? Hopefully I can get this position because I really like being around cars and especially cleaning the nice ones! Any input would be great!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:43 PM
PR Director

I don't have experience with it but be prepared to drive alot of nice cars! What kind of dealership is it?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Launching!

It has new and used cars. On the lot there is a new z28 with ss hood, a newer mustang gt, a new SSR, and in the showroom an 04 vette. Pretty good huh?
Old 09-13-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol y did you apply for it..if you don't do it...

well im not sure never worked for a dealership but i have my own busines im 17..and i wash and detail cars..its really fun..if you get the right cars...actually what made me start the business if everyone complimenting how nice my car looked..and if id do theres...to..so im like y not start a business on the side doin it..and let me tell you..its damn good money...a friend at a local dealer..wanted me to apply there but then he broke it to me..id be getting screwed on money for my work..id make alot more on my own..and he was right...thats where my mod money comes from...ive done it a month..and im gettin rdy for a TCI
Old 09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

detailing at a dealer is a lot different than doing it on your own. Be prepared to do half *** work for half *** pay. All you really need to do is wash, & wax ,seal if necessary w/probaby automagic products which are good but not very durable. So if it shines then you did your job, ?ing if is last is not your department.