Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good info

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Default good info

Just read the new Car craft and they did a LPE 5.3 build up.
One point they did make is that all fluid (coolant) must be removed from cylinder head bolt holes. It will cause a hydraulic lock up during torquing of new bolt and crack the block, If you think about it, how would they know this unless they did it. "learn from your mistakes"
Just thought I would add this info.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:21 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JMX already covers this already in his h/c - head swap guide . even though to me its common knowledge i know a guy who had a GM Dealer crack his block when doing a head swap and not removing the fluid from the bolt holes. needless to say after much haggling he got a replacement Ls6 block.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
JMX already covers this already in his h/c - head swap guide . even though to me its common knowledge i know a guy who had a GM Dealer crack his block when doing a head swap and not removing the fluid from the bolt holes. needless to say after much haggling he got a replacement Ls6 block.

common knowledge type thing....why leave a fluid in there to go through all those heat cycles? the metal already goes through enough. yer askin fer trouble, boy.....