Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

slight car accident, possible rear end damage, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slight car accident, possible rear end damage, please help!

I was involved in a car accident in the middle of August. I was cut off and I was forced to drive up on the median with my left side (driver's side) of the car, but, to no avail, i was still hit on the front passenger side by the other car. Now, I brought it to the body shop where they put on a new fender (it was cracked everywhere), new fender liner, new front fascia cover, new headlight, mouldings, SS and nose emblem, along with a complete new suspension system on the front. I went to pick the car up this morning and the body shop pointed out to me that the rear passenger side tire is slightly pushed in at the top and it was proven moreso when a level was put up to it. Driver's side was dead nuts centered, but the passenger side was cocked in by more than 1/8". We are waiting for the appraiser to stop by and take a look at it, but, my question to all of you interested, is that could this be just a factory issue, or could this actually be from the accident. Keep in mind that the other car hit my front only where my drivers side hopped a curb. Do you think that my axle could be damaged? My car only has 4170 pampered miles on it and its a 2002 camaro SS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter