Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

installing rk sport gfx kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing rk sport gfx kit

i picked up a slightly used kit from a local guy, all 4 peices just no fasteners or anything.

other than 3m double sided tape (1/2 inch thick) and self tapping screws what else do i need for the install other than tools? or will the tape and self taping screws do the job?

thanks
Travis
Old 09-21-2004, 06:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3m stuff should be enough, but if you want some extra security, the screws should do the trick. Just be careful not to overtighten them, because you will make the holes too big, and then you'll need newer/bigger screws. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh so the 3m tape is usually enough? are the bolt holes there just for good measure? cause i have a small window of opportunity to put these things on so time will be of the essence. would it be safe to say if i just "tacked" the corners of each peice with screws that would suffice?

do i use 3m tape on everything or just the front and rear peices? cause the side skirts it looks like screws would be necessary
Old 09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

wtf im having issues putting the front lip spoiler on. almost seems as if it is about 1/2 inch too short. I laid it out in the sun for a while so it would reform...didn't seem to help much. is there a trick to installing this that i dont know about?
Thanks
Travis

Quick Reply: installing rk sport gfx kit