Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is ARE still in business

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is ARE still in business

This is a sort of rhetorical question. Though I've pretty well sorted out any number of problems with my 436, oil consumption remains an issue. Nick had offered to fix this (no details forthcoming however) and had promised to call: despite multiple followup emails, no replies from him of any sort.

I suspect this is beating a dead horse, but I wondered if anyone knew if they're still in business; also, whether they're making any effort to resurrect their previously decent role in our hobby.

Thanks to anyone who might shed some light.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They have 3k of a friend of mines... ordered a 346 in May..promised 3 weeks...nothing yet.... Hope they walk in bunches to their cars at night.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:56 AM
7 Second Club

Cut your loses and move on.I doubt your engine would get fixed properly or in a timely fashion if you could get ahold of them.I don't see them ever getting out of the hole they've dug.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 422 SS
Cut your loses and move on.I doubt your engine would get fixed properly or in a timely fashion if you could get ahold of them.I don't see them ever getting out of the hole they've dug.
I know, and I agree with that. I brought this up as a matter of somewhat thwarted principle.

As long as the engine continues to run well I'm going to leave it alone. I'm sure I'll need to do a new shortblock at some point if I remain inclined to continue investing in this car.