Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header install question on 2002 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header install question on 2002 LS1

I've been doing some research on here and had some questions. I'm looking at getting some Hooker or Jet Hot long tubes and off road y-pipe for my WS6. When I do the install I want to do it right and remove all the extra stuff I will not need. Since my car is a 2002 with LS6 intake I have no EGR stuff to remove correct? The only thing I need to remove is the AIR pipes, AIR pump, and AIR fuse (with somebody to turn off the cags)? I've seen where some people have hook ups on their headers for the AIR pipes. Can you get the Hookers in a race style? What do I use to block the AIR connections on the non race style? Sounds like maybe an extra half an hour to remove AIR stuff or am I just reading into it as being that easy? Thanks.

Since I'm going offroad y, do I want to remove the AIR or just leave it alone. It will serve no purpose once I do the install correct? I would think it would at least clean things up.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

You can get rid of all that stuff, but you'll need some software to knock out the SES codes for said stuff. Some headers do come "race" style, but you can use a 1/4 plate of steel to block off the A.I.R. fittings on non-race style headers.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

I just have plates blocking my A.I.R. fittings and took all the stuff mentioned above out which made a world of difference in the engine bay!!