Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What parts do i need to make my A4 stronger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What parts do i need to make my A4 stronger?

I am going to rebuild my A$ this winter with a friend(GM certified tranny guy).
And i just need to know what parts to buy. It is still running fine now its not majorly broken or anything.

Is there anyone that i can buy a complete rebuild set from with all the upgraded parts?

Thanks
Josh
Old 10-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been looking into this also, this kit here covers the main weak points in the tranny link

This package deal comes with: an Alto master rebuild kit with an 8 clutch Red Eagle Power Pack and full thickness Kolene steels for the 3-4 clutch, "The Beast" reaction shell, pump bushing, case bushing, extra wide sun gear bushing, pump seal retainer, filter, heavy duty / high performance converter - #2 or #2L on the converter list, thrust washer kit, high performance Superior 2nd gear billet servo (not a Corvette servo), high performance Superior overdrive billet servo, oversize pressure boost valve, 29 element Borg Warner forward input sprag, 13 vane pump kit, performance 1-2 accumulator spring, special intermediate servo release check valve, high output pump slide spring, Raybestos Pro Series black Kevlar 2-4 band and the freight is included anywhere in the 48 United States. All of this can be yours for $904.00. You can add or subtract from this package deal.
You can subtract the converter which they have priced at $275. If you want to take it further there are hardened input shafts/drums and even a larger input drum on this site, the list goes on..

Last edited by chebby; 12-29-2004 at 06:55 PM.