Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam choices for LS1 swap in my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam choices for LS1 swap in my truck.

Once I graduate in November, I will finally have time to install my LS1 that has been holding the concrete down in my garage for about 4 months now. While the motor is out, I want to go ahead and swap out the cam/springs/retainers. I want a cam that will make good power with my truck being a daily driver. I can make some sacrifices, but I dont want it to be undrivable in traffic. Can somebody point me in the right direction as to which cam purchase, along with what springs and retainers to get? Also what should I plan on spending on each? Thanks

Austin
Old 10-03-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

get you some comp 918 springs, some titanium retainers, and some hardened pushrods. For a brand new cam you're looking at about $400
In total if you also want someone to install it for you, you're looking about close to about a grand depending on the install price. Thats if you buy all brand new stuff.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

I have seen some pretty cool truck cams by Futral Motorsports in the truck section. I would call Allan and see what he suggest since hes done several truck cams. He might have something that'll work wonders. I think any of the smaller cams would be a good choice.. 21x/21x.. Probably with a little more exhaust duration if the trucks exhaust is a hinderance.

Good Luck,
Josh
Old 10-04-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

As of right now my exhaust consists of stock manifolds, cats, and a 3" cutout before my Magnaflow.