Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

to buff or not to buff!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to buff or not to buff!?

Just recently bought a truck for my daily driver. Purchased an 01' Chevy S10. My truck is black and has some light swirl marks on it. The big thing that I am concerned about is that there are light blems on the hood of the car. I don't know if it was caused by a previous buffing incident or how they really got there...I just dont like it there. They look almost as if they were smudge marks or something from cleaning or drying with a dirty towel maybe. There are also some hard water deposits on the lower part of the truck that I want to get out as well.

Anyways...just wondering if there was a preferred way of getting this out. I have tried some light swirl remover from Meguiars and have clayed the car but its still there. I borrowed a buffer from a friend which is a craftsman 9" buffer/polisher. Should I buff it out? if so, which products should I use? For the record, this will be my first time buffing but Im feeling confident.

TIA!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

confidence is good but experience is required! You could try using something like Meguiars 83 you can get that locally. be careful not to mess anything up.
also visit www.bettercarcare.com and read this before you start.
Good luck

Jay