Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Guys with Corbeau Cr1 Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with Corbeau Cr1 Seat?

I am looking at a set and wondering what you guys have to say about them. Are they a seat that you can last an hour ride in and still be able to walk around after the ride? Also any other pros or cons about them will be grealy appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2004, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

Iv got CR1s Love them. i could ride in them constantly if i needed to and still be comfortable. theyr in my 68 but i heard in the newer f-bodies that they make you sit to tall or something to that matter. do a search. cons- $400 per seat then ~$80 per bracket.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very comfortable. The thing I didn't like about the stock Camaro seats was the curve in the back. The top of the seat caught me right between the shoulders, and to sit back in the seat I would have to be hunch-backed...

Unshaved, they supposedly sit 1/4" higher than stock. Shaving takes 1/2" out of them. Mine are shaved. Extra $40 I think.

Enough side bolster support to be comfortable, and still easy to get in and out of the car.

I didn't like having the shoulder belt run through the slot in the back. As I drove along and moved, the belt would start pulling down on my shoulder, and would lock in place as the retractor took up the slack. Now I pull it around the seat, and it rides up on my neck... A harness would be more comfortable, but it's dangerous without a roll bar to keep the roof off your head.

I think you'll have to consider the shoulder belt with any of the aftermarket seats out there.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys!

Any more opinions?
Old 10-12-2004, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

are they hard to keep clean?

Quick Reply: Guys with Corbeau Cr1 Seat?