Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vig 3200 problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vig 3200 problem

Well before I get to the bad news let me say first that I love it. I drove it today with the 3200 in my 02 ws6 and yes I have a tranny cooler and wow does this thing help. I just nail it and it revs to like 3500-4000 and the tires just rip loose.
Now my problem. When the car is cold it moves wonderfully but after about a 1/2 hour ride of normal driving the car woun't shift out of 2nd gear and will rev way past the 6k mark. From a dead stop the car will not break the tires loose. It will rev to 3200 with no problem but it will not break the tires loose. I have notticed this happen when I drive for more than a 1/2 hour and put the car in neutral when I come up to stoplights then put back into OD and drive away not revving it or nothing. After about a 5 min cool down it will work fine again. On my way home tonight I drove somewhat spirited home and did not go to neutral when I came to lights and the car was fine. This only happens when I drive on sidestreets not the highway.
Just also wanted to add that when the converter locks up it is as if it were stock. Please help wondering if it is me putting it in neutral since the fluid is not circulating in the tranny or what?
Old 10-18-2004, 05:19 AM
FormerVendor

Double check your fluid level...sometimes 4L60E transmissions like to be a little over the full mark. It's odd that your car won't break the tires loose sometimes. It almost sounds like limp mode. Is it starting off in second gear after your spirited driving?

Kevin
Old 10-18-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You didn't mention tuning. 02's have notorious torque management. The PCM is trying as hard as it can to make it perform like stock. You'll need to edit your torque man. tables and a few rpm tables with something like HP tuners or else it won't be able to adapt to the torque converter. Also, once the torque converter locks up, its suppose to seem stock b/c it mechanically locks up the converter in the same fashion as a stock one, so luckly your highway mpg won't change
Old 10-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Thank you guys for the quick response but it was the fluid levels and by the way yes it was dyno tuned before the converter. The tranny fluid was about a 1/2 qt. low and now it is full up to the line and is normal. Thank you for the help.

Quick Reply: vig 3200 problem