Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 Bogging gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default M6 Bogging gone

OK. I think I was not going to the floor with the gas all along. I was going around telling people how to launch their manual cars and I wasnt even doing what I was saying.

Took it to the track last night and it wasnt running the et's it normaly does probably cuz it was spining so hard. 1st pass I drove around water and stopped, revved it up and done a dry launch spinning the tires about10 feet or so. Staged and dumped it at 3k and it bogged. I was like WTF. If I dont do a burnout with my Nittos then they will spin always. Well this time they didnt. I believe what I did on that pass is what I have been doing all along. I think I have been stalling it to whatever rpm including as high as 5000 and then dropping the clutch and THEN going to the floor. I cooked the Nittos good one time and tried to launch it at 3500 and it peeled them bitches off all the way through 1st gear. In fact every pass I made it spun until I let off the gas to switch to 2nd.

Best 60' was 2.08
Old 10-23-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, where are you Jaber?

I cant say for a fact that I have been launching the way I described in my post just yet. It had been raining earlier that day and maybe the track wasnt in great condition. Water can keep coming through the pavement even if you dry it. I will try and get it to another track tomorrow and see if it spins again. If it spins at the track Im going to tomorrow then I will know that I havent been nailing it and dumping together.

On the pass that I heated the tires up good I fully expected a dead hook along with a bog but got a sideways pedaling to keep it off the rev limiter through 1st gear 60'.

Sorry Jaber, I May have over worked you for nothing. We shall see.