Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good mechanics DO exist!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good mechanics DO exist!!!

I had been having trouble with my clutch since after my tranny rebuild. I was leaking hydraulic fluid like crazy. My tranny guy swapped out the slave for free (I had to buy the slave). Then it still kept leaking. I was adding fluid like twice a day, it was pretty bad. I decided to go ahead and replace out the whole system (master cylinder, slave cylinder, and all the lines). I upgraded to a newer style slave cylinder that flows better. My tranny guy meets me today at my work at 9am because I told him that's when I start. He says he'll be back at 5 and it will be done. I get off at 4:55 and 5 minutes later he drives up and drops off my car. He hands me the keys and I ask how much do I owe him. He says "don't worry about it, you deserve it. If you have any problems, you know my #." That's it, he didn't charge me for ANY of the labor. I guess he felt bad that I had to drive around like that for like two weeks. It's nice to know that people like that are around. Just thought I'd share.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Wow, and in California of all places? (I lived there *shudders*)

Very cool. You should post up the name of his shop, so anyone in the Cali area who might need some work done can kick it to his shop. If he treats customers that well, I doubt he is another ripoff artist mechanic which Cali is full of.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Veteran

There are a lot of good/honest shops out there, people should do themselves a favor and think of a auto repair shop just like they do a good doctor or dentist, find one you trust and give them all your business. I have run a shop for 6 years and word of mouth has been our best advertising. And the people that are loyal to us we will bend over backwards to help and they will get a lot of minor service and advice from us for next to nothing because we know that they will trust us for all their repairs and send to us all their neighbors and friends.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

His name is Rick. The shops are Rebel Engines in Simi Valley & R&D Auto in Littlerock. He runs both.

Nick
Old 10-25-2004, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ndGenWs6Owner
His name is Rick. The shops are Rebel Engines in Simi Valley & R&D Auto in Littlerock. He runs both.

Nick
Dude.. that's a really nice mechanic..

Get him a thank you card, and a case (that is if he drinks)...
Old 10-25-2004, 03:04 AM
On The Tree

And it being California, if he doesn't drink get him a fat one. He definitely deserves a big thank you. That's one hell of a mechanic you found yourself.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss rally red
There are a lot of good/honest shops out there,
I'm sure there are. I just managed to find some awful places. In fact, one ran my 3rd gen camaro without oil, until the engine seized. Long story short, they basically said, "sue us". The car still ran, (although roughly) afterwards, so I just threw up my hands, and figured screw it.