Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV hose question.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV hose question.....

My PCV hose is pretty much split in two. I was just wondering what are some consequences of leaving that hose split like that? Any short term/long term effects or even any performance loss?

I’m going to change the hose some time soon but I was just wondering what exactly is happening now? 

Thanks
Old 10-27-2004, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Vacuum leak and little/no positive evacuation of the crank case blow-by gases.

You may or may not notice a change in drivability depending on how bad the vac leak is, but it needs to be fixed.

You can get replacement 3/8" reinforced fuel line at AutoZone/Pep Boys/etc. Cut it to length and replace, or splice in a piece of line to replace the split piece with some hose connectors.

Bad30th
Old 10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad30th
Vacuum leak and little/no positive evacuation of the crank case blow-by gases.

You may or may not notice a change in drivability depending on how bad the vac leak is, but it needs to be fixed.

You can get replacement 3/8" reinforced fuel line at AutoZone/Pep Boys/etc. Cut it to length and replace, or splice in a piece of line to replace the split piece with some hose connectors.

Bad30th

Thanks for the help.

The leak is bad enough that I can smell carbon monoxide when I'm driving when my windows are down.

I'm going to fix this asap

Thanks again.